Again guys I'm gonna be a little vague with the amounts, (to say they are a guesstimation is an understatement), but this is a "no bake" cake, so how far can you go wrong really?! 😬
For those looking a health conscious treat for a loved one, this recipe has no added sugar, is gluten free, vegan & veggie friendly & even relatively easily adapted for #RawVegan as there is no real cooking involved.
- 200-250g Pitted dates
- 100g Unsalted walnuts
- 150g Desiccated Coconut
- 5-6 tsp Raw Cacao powder
- 4 Ripe avocados
- 80-100g high quality dark chocolate (I used Lindt 80% Excellence as it's dairy free & I enjoyed the challenge of making a vegan cake)
- Optional sweeteners
- Peanut Butter
- Agave Nectar
- Before you start, soak the dates in water for 45mins to an hour.
- Add the dates, walnuts & around 100g of the coconut to a food processor until it forms a thick, sticky, but biscuit like texture. (I added a fair amount of the water the dates were soaking in to achieve this consistency)
- Spread the mixture gently across a circular cake tin to form the base. Maybe add a thin layer of whole nut butter on top if you're that way inclined (I am 😋)
- Mash the avocados in a large mixing bowl with a fork & add the cacao powder & the rest of the coconut.
- Place the bar of chocolate in a glass bowl & melt the bar over a pot of boiling water on low heat (the steam will heat the glass & therefore the chocolate)
- Mix the melted chocolate & the avocado mix together well, until it forms a thick but creamy paste. (Add some agave nectar to sweeten if you're that way inclined, I wasn't 😔)
- Spread evenly in the cake tin all over the biscuit base & allow to harden in the fridge for at least a few hours. Maybe add a little more coconut in the shape of a heart, or a Nike tick, or whatever takes your fancy.
- Fingers crossed it looks something like this 👇