Celebrate your meat free culinary experience this week with this super simple (so simple I feel guilty!) plant based lasagne suitable for vegetarian & vegan folk.
Here goes 🤔
To make the tomato sauce I blended the following in my trusty Nutri bullet:
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons of Harissa paste
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- Salt n pepper
To make the "white sauce", I simply used some low fat hummus 😂 that's it, spread straight on the pasta sheets, store bought or homemade it's up to you.
Now to build the lasagne:
- Start by adding a layer of tomato sauce to a lasagne friendly dish.
- Add a layer of lasagne sheets to cover (you could even try these awesome butternut squash sheets from Sainsbury's)
- Then add some hummus (white sauce 😂)
- Then add a layer of thinly sliced veg (I used courgette, mushroom & some sweetcorn)
- Then add another layer of tomato sauce
- Repeat this combination - lasagne sheets, hummus, veg, tomato sauce until you have filled your dish.
I topped my trusty lasagne with some sliced vine tomatoes, a sprinkling of nutritional yeast for added cheesiness, more hummus & some oregano.
And there ya go folks - it won't win any culinary awards but it was tasty, healthy, vegan & super quick to make, so it ticks all the right boxes.