This accidental lunch was a ready steady cook style approach to using the last ingredients in my fridge before a weekly shop & is surprisingly delicious.
I used Fage total 0 greek yoghurt for this recipe but it is easily adapted to suit vegan folk by using soy or even coconut yoghurt.
- Slice an aubergine (egg plant) in half vertically after slicing off the top.
- Slice deep vertical & horizontal ridges across the aubergine with a knife but be careful not to slice right through.
- Drizzle olive oil over the sliced 1/2 aubergine & add some sea salt, cumin, fresh garlic & mixed seeds. (More oil will soften the aubergine more & make it more delicious, however calorie counting folk may wish to use oil sparingly)
- Roast for 15-20 minutes or until soft through (the aubergine should have a soft almost meaty texture)
- For the dip/filling combine, sliced roasted peppers from a jar, choice of yoghurt, chilli flakes, juice of 1/2 lemon & some smoked paprika.
- Remove aubergine from the oven and layer the yoghurt filling & some of the roasted seeds on top.