If, like me, you're obsessed with peanut butter and try to resist the urge to cover it on 15 rounds of toast every day, then these super *Clean* (Clean meaning naturally gluten free, vegan/veggie friendly and no added junk) treats may just satisfy your cravings for PB and provide a nice little post workout treat thats full of protein & healthy fats.
Try my Kickstart Peanut Butter Cups at any social gathering, in a kids lunch box or as a post #KickstartBootcamp treat to ones self.
* I've nicked some of these photos from a friend as I forgot to take a pic of my finished article before eating (too nice couldn't wait)
- 200g Quality dark chocolate (vegan friendly if necessary) or milk chocolate.
- 1 cup of organic whole peanut butter (sunpat or jif kinda defeats the purpose)
- 3-4 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil
1) Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl set on top of a pot of boiling water (the rising steam will melt the chocolate easily) or simply pop in the microwave.
2) Add the peanut butter & coconut oil to a food processor & blitz until a thick butter type mixture is formed. (If you don't have a food processor, melt the coconut oil & stir into the PB with a spoon)
3) Set a little bit of the melted chocolate into your muffin cases and pop in the freezer for 5 minutes to form your chocolatey base.
4) Scoop the PB/coconut oil butter on top & cover with some more melted chocolate & return to the freezer for another 20-30minutes & serve.
Chopped almonds, desiccated coconut, goji berries or toasted seeds all make excellent non essential toppings taking the total ingredients to a whopping 4!
If you think these Kickstart PB cups taste better than the Reeses additive stacked alternative, then I happen to agree with you.
Enjoy responsibly 👱🏻