I honestly can't remember where I seen this, but I decided I would have to try it, as on a Monday morning, pre weekly shop, all the ingredients were at hand & for a first attempt this was pretty damn good.
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 scoop vanilla or banana protein powder (I used Whey, but a Vegan blend could work)
- Tiiiiny pinch of vanilla extract
- Teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 Whole eggs (or egg substitute like chia & water for Vegans)
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Add all ingredients except the banana to a large mixing bowl & whisk together with a fork.
- Heat a small pan (w) some coconut oil & add the mixture.
- When mixture starts to heat through, add chopped banana & grill in the oven until lightly browned.
- Carefully flip banana side down & return to oven until cooked through.
- Serve (w) some Greek yoghurt, your favourite coconut or soy based yoghurt.
The great thing about this recipe is the possibilities to progress it and add berries, nuts, seeds, peanut butter, cacao nibs, coconut or goji berries.
Is it a pancake or an omelette though?