Nothing beats a paddys day stew & this fiery broth will most certainly chase the snakes out of Ireland so why not give it a try this sunny St Patrick's Day, after all your gonna need something to soak up that Guinness.
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Some fresh ginger
- 1 red pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- Large helping of Kale
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- Spices used, cumin, paprika, chilli flakes, vegan bouillon & salt & pepper to taste.
Step by step:
1) chop the onion, garlic, ginger & red pepper & fry in some coconut oil with the cumin, paprika & chilli flakes in a large pot (you'll want second helpings)
2) finely chop the kale & sweet potatoes and add in after the onions have gone soft.
3) cover all with boiling water (exact amount will depend on your desired thickness) and add a few tablespoons of the vegan bouillon or veg stock.
4) bring the stew to the boil, then reduce the heat & add the chic peas.
5) allow the stew to simmer for 15-20 minutes until all the veg is soft through.
Serve & enjoy with some Guiness bread from St Georges Market.
Happy St Patricks day guys 👱🏻🍀