As you'll see from the sheer frequency that these ingredients appear on my blog, kale & sweet potato tag together as seamlessly as Shawn Michaels & Marty Janetty in my household and while winter is coming, this tasty warm salad still super-kicks the chill out of those wintery bones!
Plus the two major ingredients in this recipe are on offer at Lidl N.I this week so thats all the reason you need to tag them together in this super healthy warm salad combo suitable as a meat free lunch or on the side of your more traditional main meal choice.
- Medium sized sweet potato
- Few large handfuls of Kale either chopped or ripped by hand into small chunks suitable for grilling
- 1 Large roasted red pepper (from a jar 😵)
- 1/2 an avocado
- Cumin, garlic powder, salt, olive oil to marinate the sweet potato
- Olive oil & nutritional yeast flakes (could use any spice but yeast flakes add some vitamin B-12) to coat the Kale
- Peel (or don't if you prefer a more earthy flavour like me) the sweet potato & chop into bitesize chunks suitable for roasting.
- Add the cumin, garlic & salt, sprinkle a little olive oil over & roast in the oven on a medium heat for 20-25mins or until the potato is cooked through.
- Meanwhile rip the kale roughly and coat in the olive oil and nutritional yeast and prepare to grill on a baking tray.
- Once the potato is cooked remove from the oven allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Switch to the grill function (again medium heat) place in the kale and gently grill for 4-5 minutes until it visibly toasts and starts to crisp (this will not take long)
- Combine the sweet potato, kale, roasted pepper & avocado in a large mixing bowl & serve!