Stuffed butternut squash with spinach & roasted red peppers topped (w) homemade red pepper hummus.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100g spinach
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 tins of chick peas
- 1 red pepper
- Juice of half lemon
- Sprinkle of Cajun seasoning
- Olive oil
(Should be more than enough for 2)
1) Cut butternut squash in half, (keep skin on its delicious) remove seeds, lightly drizzle with olive oil and place in oven on medium heat for 45mins to an hour (until the skin is soft and squash is cooked right through)
2) Meanwhile, fry the onion, garlic, spinach, roasted peppers, sun-dried tomatoes & cherry tomatoes in a little Cajun seasoning for 6-8 minutes.
3) To make hummus, put 1tin of chic peas, red pepper, a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of salt into food processor and blend until desired consistency (I added a little water to thin mixture)
4. Remove squash from the oven stuff the center with the fried peppers, spinach etc. and top with a tablespoonful of the hummus.